The crisp cracker mix topping doesn’t go on until after the fruit is baked.
This is a good way to use up crackers and cracker crumbs. You can use just about any kind of fresh or frozen fruit, my favorites are one or more of: apple, blackberry, blueberry, cranberry, fig, nectarine, peach, plum, raspberry, rhubarb, or strawberry.
- 4 cups of fruit, chopped
- 1/2 cup of dried fruit (raisins, currants, chopped dates, apricots, etc.)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Optional: 1 1/2 teaspoons one or more (total) of: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves
- Optional: Juice of 1 lemon
Crisp topping: scatter on top after baking fruit
- 1 batch crackers or nutty chips, crumbled, about 5 ounces
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil or melted butter
- 3 Tablespoons honey, agave or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup walnuts, pecans, or almonds, chopped
375 F for 30 minutes
Bake the fruit for about half an hour until it bubbles (frozen fruit could take longer).
Remove from oven and optionally drizzle with lemon juice.
Scatter the crisp topping over the fruit and serve.