What’s the ultimate cracker? The one that you make with your own favorite ingredients!
In this video, I’ll show you how to invent a cracker from your choice of whole grain, lentil, or nut flours, and favorite spices. You can get these crackers into the oven in five minutes or less. My book suggests other ingredients that you might include, such as grated cheese, that I don’t cover in this brief video.
Chapter 10 of my book, Crunch! Whole Grain Artisan Chips and Crackers, is titled “Be Your Own Iron Chef,” and details many additional ideas for what you might include in your own ultimate crackers.
The video includes the basic recipe below for how you can make your own custom crackers:
Recipe: Crackers from Your Favorite Ingredients
- ¼ cup whole grain, bean, nut, or lentil flour of your choice
- ¼ cup of another whole grain, bean, nut, or lentil flour of your choice
- ¼ cup Whole Grain Mix
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ to 1 tsp. total of one or several spices
- 1 tablespoon Super Seed Mix
- Egg (optional; if you add an egg, do so before you add the water)
- About 3/4 cup water, which varies depending upon your chosen flours